FEATURES OF THE CIM-TEK TANK DRYER:
- Water capacity for the Tank Dryer is approximately 400ml
- It has a 9′ string for lowering into the tank and the dryer itself is 24″ long
- It is effective in as little as 24 hours
- For use with transfer tanks, farm tanks, and saddle tanks with a 2″ opening or larger
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
CIM-TEK TANK DRYER
Cim-Tek’s Tank Dryer quickly absorbs water from diesel, biodiesel, gas, and fuel oil from the bottom of above-ground fuel tanks using a super-absorbent polymer. Keeping water from your fuel reduces engine downtime and maintenance costs. It also works with Hydraulic Oil and Kerosene.
Total water absorbed per Tank Dryer is approximately 400 ML. It has a 9′ string for lowering into the tank and the dryer itself is 24″ long. It is effective in as little as 24 hours. For use with transfer tanks, farm tanks, and saddle tanks with a 2″ opening or larger.
It is not intended for use with ethanol blended fuel as alcohol-based fuel additives designed to disperse water will reduce the effectiveness of the Tank Dryer.
Instructions for use are as follows:
• Extinguish cigarettes or any other flammable material before opening fuel tank.
• Be sure the diameter of the tank opening will allow the Tank Dryer to be put into and removed from the tank easily.
• Hold the cord and lower the Tank Dryer into the tank.
• Be sure the cord will allow the Tank Dryer to lie flat on bottom of tank. (This is where the water will be.) Shorten cord to remove excess slack.
• Attach the retrieval cord to allow fuel cap to be replaced, but be available to remove the Tank Dryer when it is full. (Note: The best place to attach the cord is on the underside of the fuel cap.)
• When the Tank Dryer starts to absorb water, it will expand. Until this condition occurs it may remain in the fuel tank, but should be checked in an hour. (Note: The Tank Dryer should be checked weekly and removed when swollen.)
• Install the Tank Dryer so you don’t obstruct the fuel outlet or sending unit.