Conditions Of Sale
All orders placed are subject to these conditions of sale and the placing of an order shall be considered to be acceptance of these conditions
Prices are subject to change without notice and are those ruling at date of despatch, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Prices are quoted with all applicable trade and cash discounts taken into consideration, and exclude VAT
For approved credit accounts, payment is due 30 days from the end of the month of invoice. The time of payment shall be of the essence of the contract. If the purchaser fails to make payment by the due date then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Company, the Company shall be entitled to:
- i) Charge the purchaser interest monthly on the outstanding balance at a monthly rate 3% over the Bank of England’s base rate until payment is received in full. A part month shall be treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest
- ii) Charge to the purchaser the costs of recovery of the outstanding amount, including legal costs and disbursements, and bank charges incurred in representing cheques or special clearance thereof
- iii) Require payment in advance of delivery of undelivered goods
- iv) Refuse to make delivery of any undelivered goods whether ordered under the contract or not and without incurring any liability whatsoever to the buyer for non-delivery or any delay in delivery
- v) Cancel the contract, or any other contracts with the purchaser
- vi) The total account balance will become due on demand if any invoice is not paid within the above stated terms
The time of delivery, whilst given in good faith, is not the essence of the contract. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including consequential loss or damage, in respect of delayed deliveries due to any reason, and howsoever caused.
Notice of cancellation of order for stock items is required in writing. Stock items returned will only be accepted if in new condition and will be subject to a 20% restocking charge. Orders for items to customer’s specification cannot be cancelled and must be paid for in full.
Prices quoted exclude carriage and packing. Shortages and transit damage must be notified in writing within three days of delivery. Claims beyond this period will not be entertained.
Title of the goods shall only pass from the Company to the purchaser upon full payment of all monies due. Until title passes, the purchaser holds the goods as agents for the seller, and shall be responsible for the safe custody of the goods, including the insurance, and shall indemnify the Company in respect of all loss or damage of whatsoever nature affecting the goods. The purchaser may use the goods for his normal purposes. The goods must be stored separately and identified accordingly. If the goods are combined with other goods, title to the combined goods is retained by the Company, and these goods must be similarly stored and identified. The Company reserves the right to re-possess all or part of the goods or combined goods, and shall have right of entry to the purchaser’s premises in order to retrieve the goods.
7.INFORMATION AND SPECIFICATIONS
Information and specifications, including photographs, drawings and diagrams, published or advised by the Company are given in good faith but shall form no part of the contract. The Company reserves the right to alter specifications in line with manufacturers amendments and other information received. The Company at the request of a customer may, but without being under any obligation to do so, furnish technical advice with reference to the use of the goods or material sold hereunder, but on the express understanding that any such advice or assistance is given and accepted at the customer’s risk and the Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or claims arising there from.
Warranty offered is that of the manufacturer, and shall be limited to repair or replacement of the item as advised by the manufacturer. All products alleged as warranty failures should be returned to us carriage paid for inspection at our works. Prior to return, customers should telephone to obtain the required returns form & call for an authorisation number. this form must accompany the returned goods (a copy is at the back of your price list. No responsibility is accepted for consequential or liquidated damages in the event of product failure.